Thursday, November 6, 2008

Lazy Day

Well, this past Sunday was perhaps the laziest day I've had in a long time. Brian went to the Bears game, and so the kids and I declared it "Stay in Your pjs Day" and commenced to do barely anything. Yes, thats right, we even skipped church. Some things we DID do: played hide and seek for about 1.5 hours, danced in the front room to VBS songs, and watched "Garfield" and "Titanic" (now, for next Halloween Addy says she wants to be Garfield and Keith says he wants to be "the ship that landed on the bottom of the ocean floor"). We also did a little craft that Addy had seen in her "Big Backyard" magazine...we made Penguins and then Keith and I made Iceberg cookies (Addy was done after the craft).


The cookies, in my opinion, were DISGUSTING but, they had sugar in them, so the kids loved them. One of the ingredients was Cream of Tartar, which Keith decided was a very fun word to say and kept singing it.



He was a good helper until it was time to do the high speed to whip the egg whites...his delicate ears couldn't handle the noise.



I highly recommend a lazy day to everyone, once in a while!

Until next blog,
Jen

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I need one of those lazy days! If I were to have a lazy day it would include sleeping late, cinnamon rolls & hot coffee, laying on the couch watching movies and/or reading a good book.

Anonymous said...

SOUNDS FUN! I love the "Cream of Tartar" ...it will probably pop up in regular conversation! I'm glad you had a day of relaxation, crafts, and fun! :) What great memories!
(although this week the kids will probably ask to skip church!LOL)

Kira said...

Your lazy days are filled with so much fun! I think we need an invitation to the next one.

Hubs said...

Can I tell you that today makes day #3 in pajamas...