Wednesday, September 24, 2008

My lil' buddy

Brian left Monday for a long stint of work trips. Well, Monday night (after playing with some stuffed animals for about 30 min) Addison called me up and said "Mommy, I can't sleep". I asked what was wrong and she said "Well, i don't know. But Daddy's not here, so I think I could probably fall asleep on his side of your bed!" I was busy trying to finish my BSF homework, so I agreed and she came down and fell asleep.

Last night, around 3 a.m., Addison started yelling for me. Her allergies were acting up, and she had an itchy and stuffy nose and was sneezing constantly. I've determined she's allergic to dust mites and, so, every so often when these symptoms occur during her sleep, I will have to spray for dust mites and wash her sheets in hot water the next day. In an attempt to calm her allergies and get her back to sleep...thats right...I brought her down to my bed.

So, tonight I was talking on the phone with my Grandma (yes, Mom, I finally called her). Keep in mind phone conversations with my Grandma are long and full of constant conversation, so there's no real break in the action. I saw Addison come down from bed and try to get my attention but I gave her my "Not now, I'm on the phone" gesture. She went back upstairs. Trying to multitask, I went and folded some laundry and when I got off the phone I went to my room to put my p.j.s on and was shocked to find this:



Look at this silly kid! Not only did she sneak herself into my bed, but she brought her own blanket, a few littlest pets, and some stuffed animals!! Oh, AND she had set up her music so that she could hear it playing through her monitor!! So, I'm guessing that I will have a little sleeping buddy until Brian returns!! I keep telling myself...soon she'll be 16 and be embarrassed to be by my side. So, for now, I'll let her cuddle up to me. The animals will have to go, though...we DO only have a full sized bed after all!

Until next blog,
Jen

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hilarious and so cute! You have your very own "mini-me." :)

Anonymous said...

I'm glad she can sleep with just "the essentials"...little pets, the Bears Blanket (Brian must be proud)..and piped in music of course! ha ha ha too cute! :)

Kira said...

I think you should be praising her for being a genius to think of the music through the monitor...that's awesome!

Anonymous said...

Should you be looking into a bigger bed at this point? too funny!!