Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Paul vs. Saul

I know I've disappointed all 4 of my blog fans out there by not posting for a month. Sorry! Here's a quick post:

The other day Addison came to and posed this question:

"Mommy, in my Beginners Bible it says that God changed Saul's name to Paul, but in the "Amazing Miracles" book, it says that Saul changed his name himself. So, which one is right?"

After both my mom and me doing some investigating, we came up with some information. I was just curious if any of you have any idea?? I always thought God gave it to him, but, from what I've found it appears that we really don't know! Unless, I'm missing something?? Any help would be much appreciated.

Until next blog,
Jen

6 comments:

Nicole said...

Hmmm... I'm not sure if that one is tougher or the dolphin/mammal "sex talk"!!! Seriously, I can't wait to see what Addison becomes someday - where does she come up with this stuff in her five-year old mind?!

Sara said...

I hope you included me in the 4 blog fans! I'm not sure of the answer, but you should tell her that even if he changed his name himself, it was still God's idea, otherwise the thought wouldn't have been in his head.

Stephanie said...

I think you are teaching her a valuable lesson by looking for the answer in the Bible. Scripture is always the way to go. :)

ray said...

As usual... I have no real insight, nor do I have any comments that make any logical sense to the blog thought. I mainly just wanted to chime in to officially be the 4th blog fan.

erin said...

seriously....need new blog update!
:) :) :) :) :) :) :)

Hubs said...

Oh man - it really has been a while for you ;)