Monday, April 13, 2009

Homespun Easter tradition continues!

As I was uploading Easter pictures, I thought it would be a neat idea to share all the Easter outfits the kids have worn over the years (more for my own purposes of having all of them in one spot!) Its been a goal of mine that the kids wear homemade outfits every year until they refuse or turn 18 (whichever comes first!). I've succeeded in all but one for Addy but sadly Keith only has a 50% success rate (lets face it, dresses are more fun to make!) So...join me down memory lane, won't you??

Easter 2004, Addy's first Easter. Dress was actually my Easter dress and was hand made by my Grandma Walton.



Easter 2005. Keith was still in the oven. Addy's dress was made by Nana and I made the bonnet.



Easter 2006. Keith's first Easter. Nana made matching outfits for Keith and Addy. Since we had just moved, I didn't make squat.



Easter 2007????? I have no pictures from this year!! This was the year Addy didn't have a homemade dress, and Keith's outfit wasn't homemade either. But, I do remember that both outfits had frogs on them. Luckily, I re-used Keith's outfit the following year, and I managed to take a picture of it then!!

Easter 2008. I made Addy's dress out of "vintage" fabric from a feedsack (for those of you unaware, livestock feed used to come in fabric sacks that the women would then use to make clothing or quilts). Keith gets to wear his recycled frog outfit.



Easter 2009. I've been a busy seamstress this year, I made both outfits! Addy gets a dress made out of, what else, but Littlest Pet fabric!! And Keith even got involved picking out his fabric...his requirements were that it had to have yellow on it and a train!! (there is a yellow pinstripe on it, you can't really tell in these pictures, though)





Hope everyone had a great Easter!
Until next blog,
Jen

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

What a great tradition! Do you make your own outfit too? What about Brian? I think it would be great to see the two of you in matching frog outfits. :)

Stephanie said...

I'm ready for a new blog post. :)