Wednesday, January 23, 2008

things to do when your kids have cabin fever

Ah, the creative juices are starting to flow...otherwise Keith will start destroying things and Addy will start whining. So, we started off with the old favorite...hot chocolate...



Then, of course, tv in our pjs...



But now I'm starting to do some new things. Last night I found out that Keith LOVES to squeeze glue out of the bottle. So, we made glue designs on a paper plate (translation: big blobs of semi-dried elmers all over the dining room). This morning the kids played the "Laundry sorting game" See the color cards above the piles? I would hand them a piece of clothing and tell them which color to put it under. It was a race to see who could get rid of their clothes the fastest! (and I can sit back and finish my coffee!!)



And now, the kids have finished helping build their rocket ship and are busy flying in space!!!







I'd love any of your creative ideas of what you've been doing while cooped up in this cold weather!

Until next blog,
Jen

9 comments:

Hubs said...

Wow, I left a comment, refreshed, and BAM a new post. Sweet! What great ideas you have - maybe you could keep posting them so the rest of us who are creatively challenged can become better parents through your ideas ;)

Anonymous said...

I agree! My limited creativity runs out fast, especially with a 1.5 year old who has the attention span of a gnat. So we've been playing airplane in the laundry basket, having fun with play-doh, and watching tons of Veggie Tales. Keep your ideas coming!!! We're going to go build a spaceship.....

Kim :)

Anonymous said...

Oh, I so need a spaceship so I can fly to the moon! I have cube fever. I've been spending 10+ hours a day at work for the past week. Totally unacceptable! So...where do I get one of those ships?

Anonymous said...

Wow - I think you get the mom of the year award! Our last month has consisted mainly of parking the girls in front of the TV while I take a nap on the couch or eat Chips Ahoy cookies! Ahh... the joys of the first trimester! So our cabin fever cure for now is that we're sending the girls to my parents for the weekend and we're off to Nashville, TN with Tom's family!

Anonymous said...

You're such a good mom!
we've been suffering from cabin fever, too. We've just been coloring a lot and maggie and her dad have taken up "yahtzee" after mica and mackenzie go to bed!

Anonymous said...

If they need to get out of the house, they can play "Who can pick up the most dog doo?" and give each other vacuum cleaner rides at my house!!

brittany said...

You are so creative. Trevon's response to cabin fever is to have a 'party' for Deagan which really means getting out every toy he can find and making a big pile. (That's NOT my kind of party!)

Rachel said...

Um, well, after schoolwork is done Guy puts together Lego creatures and Noble takes them apart and cooks them up into "poop"(soup)in his little kitchen while I just go about my normal business. Is it my job to entertain them and keep them busy? Crap, I knew I was a terrible mom.

Rachel said...

I love the rocketship. Was that your idea?