


One of their favorite outdoor activities is to drag out their riding toys and ride them everywhere. This will entertain Keith for as long as you let him, and when its time to go inside you have to pry him off of it. Literally! My mom got to experience this first hand today when he was riding the tricycle at her house. She finally gave up and said "I can't get him off, Jennifer, you'll have to try". As I pulled him up, I would pry his fingers off the handle bars and he would lock his ankles under the seat. Then I would untangle his ankles, and he'd hurry and grab the handlebars. All of this while screaming at the top of his lungs. I finally just had to shake it until he let go. It was not a pretty site. Thankfully, he's quite resilient, and stopped his crying shortly after. Funnily enough, Brian has the same reaction when I tell him its time to come in from playing with his F.J.
ADDY'S RIDING TOY:
(Brian is forcing me to point out the bumper sticker, of which he is particularly proud)
KEITH'S RIDING TOY:
(which, if my grandpa were still alive, I'm sure he would insist on painting it orange!)

BRIAN'S RIDING TOY:

I've been struggling recently with these darn pacifiers (or bappies, as they are referred to in our house). The kids (for the most part) only use them in bed. At our recent dentist appointment, the dentist assured us that they should drop this habit on their own, and not to force the issue of taking them away. But Addy has some speech problems; for instance, she doesn't say her r's and l's and rarely her f's correctly, and I just keep wondering if this stems from her chronic bappy addiction. So, I've been dropping hints about the bappy fairy coming to take the bappies away in exchange for gifts, but so far, I'm still hitting a brick wall on the issue. Here is a small example of what I'm up against:
Finally, one last funny from the week. Recently my mom, nieces, myself, and Addy went to see Shrek 3. Addy had never seen a Shrek movie, and really wasn't too interested in it except, of course, the parts where Puss In Boots was in the movie. She absolutely LOVES all cats, even the cartoon ones. So, she was super thrilled to find Shrek bandaids that had Puss In Boots on them. She's been dying to get injured so she can use them. Finally, she got a splinter in her middle finger and so I washed it up and put on the beloved Puss In Boots bandaid. She then ran into the kitchen saying "Daddy, daddy, look at my new bandaid!!" And when he turned around, this is what he was presented with (SCROLL DOWN):

(NOTE: this photo was not posed, this truly is how (innocently) she was showing off her bandaid!)
Until next blog,
Jen
3 comments:
Finally I beat Stephanie to the 1st comment and I can say whatever I want without sounding repetitive. The unfortunate thing is that I can't come up with anything at the moment. Oh well.....
You are really picking up the pace with blogging - I am ashamed of myself. I think I might have set expectations a little too high in the beginning. Be careful giving the grandparents too much of what they want or they will come to expect it.
Shouldn't the NRA sticker be on Brian's riding toy?
Dang it, I've been beaten! ;) ha! That's what happens when I spend 18 hours with one set of real estate clients in the span of 1 1/2 days. EEK!
I love all the photos, but the last one just takes the cake. You've gotta love the innocence of a child. :)
This blog posting was absolutely outstanding. Far and away your best work to date! I've got people at work looking over my shoulder to catch all of the hijinx as I read them. Don't be surprised if you start getting views and comments from my coworkers!
Post a Comment