Friday, March 9, 2007

Springtime, Cats, Bubbles and Crazy Hair

Well, I've been enduring the stories of Tracy going for runs in Houston while the temperature is in the 70s, meanwhile I look out my window at Mt. Snow and wonder if it will ever get warm enough here to melt. I finally got my wish; today is a gorgeous day and the kids and I were able to get outside for several hours and get some well-needed fresh air! Addison tried to dig up a butterfly that we buried last fall and Keith took several bites out of Mt. Snow despite the dirt-crust that lies on top of it.

I've been racking my brain trying to come up with a topic worthy of blogging and came to the sad realization that my life isn't very exciting!! So, I'll blog one of Addisons favorite topics; our cats. We started out with two brothers last June that we got from a free newspaper ad. We had just returned from a trip to Arizona and had discovered ancient ruins there at a place called Tuzigoot, a name that both Addy and myself really enjoyed. So Addy named one cat Pickle and the other was named Tuzigoot. Unfortuately, Pickle met his demise with an oncoming car last December. So, we then replaced the deceased cat with a humane society cat which Addy named Bergie Brandenburg. Today, while sitting on the toilet, Addy talked to me about her cats.

"One is named Tuzi and the other is Bergie. Bergie is my FAV-ERT (she laughs after this because she knows she pronounced favorite like a back-woods hick). And I love her so much. Hi Tuzi (the cat has walked up to her) Did Tuzi come up and sleep with me last night? First Tuzi and then Bergie. Did you hear the cats last night? I heard it, it went MEOW! and then MEOW! and it sounded like a baby crying. Can I cut Tuzi's fuzz with scissors?"

Here you see Addy with her beloved cats; Tuzi is the black cat and Bergie is the calico.

Everything has been preceeding pretty much as normal here. Brian and his parents took the kids to Gymboree this week; here is a picture of Keith in the bubbles.









Also, Addisons gymnastics class has started "theme" classes, and this weeks theme was "Silly Hair day". Funnily enough, every little girl in her class had the same hairdo, I guess there isn't much else you can do with a 3 year olds hair!


OK, this blog has gotten way too long...enjoy your week.

Peace and Love,
Jen

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love how a 3 yr old mind works! I mean, they get to jump around from topic to topic all in one paragraph, where as when I do that people look at me funny. :)

"Have a good week!" Does this mean you don't plan to blog again until next Friday? Oh man!

Anonymous said...

Your other friends need to leave you comments too! :)

Amanda...Rachel...Tracy...where are you?!? LOL!

Nathan, Amanda, Violet and Anara said...

It's been more than a week - where is the new post?

Anonymous said...

TWO WEEKS! You said weekly. Let's hear some more about the Billmeiers. I know I know - you are busy.