All my long-time blog followers know that I LOVE monarchs!! I am proud to say that Addy and I are the unofficial monarch providers and care takers for her 2nd grade class (they study monarchs for their first science theme). And, while I was preparing some milkweed to send to class, I noticed I accidentally plucked couple of eggs from the plant. Wanting them to survive, I pulled them aside so that I could put them back on fresh milkweed after they hatched. This morning after awakening early to take my mom to the airport, I noticed that one had JUST hatched. I was amazed at how super tiny it was. So, when I placed it back on a milkweed plant by the porch, I snapped this picture. Here is a newborn caterpillar (look close at the bottom leaf that is taped on, if you click on the picture, it should zoom in) and in the background is a caterpillar who is just about ready to form a chrysallis. Amazing. Please ignore my dirty thumbnail.
Until next blog,
Jen
1 comment:
Wow! That guy is tiny! The taped on leaf just proves how much you are dedicated to the monarchs.
Post a Comment