Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Duncan under the knife

June 14, 2011. Since last fall I have been dreading this day. When Duncan was born and went to get his circumcision, it was discovered that he had a chordee and would need surgery to correct it. They needed to wait until he was around nine months old as this is the optimal age for healing and to be big enough that anesthesia wouldn't be so risky. It did help a lot that the doctor (Dr. Martin Kaefer) that was to perform the surgery was well known to me because he had done extensive reconstructive surgery on a friend of ours child. But, even still, I was nervous that he might have a bad reaction to the anesthesia, I was nervous he would get a subsequent infection, I was nervous he would be in a lot of pain, blah blah blah. Turns out I had nothing to worry about...other than a painful first void due to his catheter, you would have never known he had anything done. All that worrying and being nervous for nothing. Turns out Jesus knew what he was saying in Matthew 6:25-34!

A few pics from this experience...

Duncan pre-surgery waving at the camera




Duncan just after surgery happy to see our faces



Mommy and Duncan, post-surgery, after he sucked down a bottle (he was starving, of course!)



Duncan back home and in his Richard Simmons leg warmers (it was a little chilly but I didn't want to risk putting any pants on him!)



Until next blog,
Jen

1 comment:

Nicole said...

LOVE the Richard Simmons get-up!!! That will definitely be a blackmail picture someday!! So thankful that all went so smoothly for Duncan.