Somedays I take a look around my house and have a panic attack. No really. You see, before we had kids, I really tried to stay on top of keeping the house clean and, some may say, for a while I was OCD about keeping everything in its proper place. But, now my house is TRASHED. Not just dirty...I'm talking almost qualifying for "Clean House" trashed. And, while I have the desire to do something about it, I just don't have the energy.
Then, just about the time my blood pressure starts to rise due to the anxiety over the state of my house I start to think: They're only little once. Stop fussing over having a perfect house and enjoy the time with them. Play "cars" with Keith now instead of picking them up because someday he'll be DRIVING one! Help Addy glue her craft together instead of put away the laundry because someday she'll ask a BOY to help her! Cuddle with Duncan instead of cleaning the splattered toothpaste on the mirror because someday he may be embarrassed of me and I'll be ANNOYING to him!!
And, then I realize I'm still having a panic attack, but for different reasons!!
Until next blog,
Jen
3 comments:
Great reminder!! It's way too hard to put toys away during awake hours anyway. As soon as I put them away she drags them back out. You don't have that issue? ;)
Good reminder! Now, if we say it enough, we may actually start to believe it. Then we'll be able to leave our anxiety attacks behind. As long as I have one clean room in my house (which is still a stretch most days!) I have my "happy place" to go to until the dirty house anxiety has passed! Am I the only one who gets pleasure from seeing the sweeper lines in the carpet?! =)
Post a Comment