Thursday, October 23, 2008

My quirkiness...I need to narrow it down to only 7 things!!

quirky [kwur-kee] (adjective) - having or full of peculiar behavior(s)


Ok, well, I've been tagged by my pal Brittany which means I have to blog 7 things that are quirky about myself. Seriously? I mean, I am the DEFINITION of quirky, so this is a little difficult to narrow down. Here are the first 7 that came to my mind:

1. I don't like my face to be touched by anyone but myself.
2. When I was young (but not a baby, about 5ish) I used to drink coke from a baby bottle at my Aunt Brenda's.
3. I went to 5 proms, and wore homemade dresses to 4 of them. The other one I bought second-hand from a friend for $25. (all different dresses!)
4. I was a magician's assistant in high school and toured Indiana doing so.
5. When I was about 8, my best friend and I dug up my first cat so we could see the skeleton. I then stored it in a brown paper bag in my closet until after college. When Brian and I first started dating, he asked "So, do you have any skeletons in your closet?" and I laughed and told him yes.
6. I can voluntarily make a noise inside my head that sounds (to me) like a motor running. That sound also happens involuntarily everytime I yawn or get something in my eye. My Grandpa Pieper could do the same thing. (Brian tells me I should never tell anyone this because they will think I'm crazy)
7. I won belching contests at both my church youth group and in 4H.

NOW, I'm supposed to tag other people with blogs, but that just isn't fair because most of the people who read my blog don't have one themselves. So, here are the list of people that I CAN tag (Amanda, I know you've been tagged already, so I'll leave you off the list)

1. Stephanie
2. The Platters
3. Kira

Until next blog,
Jen

10 comments:

Sara said...

I couldn't help it; I found your blog when I saw that Brittany had tagged you. I love your quirky things. You should write some more since they are so funny. A little morbid...but still funny.

PEEPER said...

Ok, Sara, You can read my blog, just don't look at my pictures! ha ha

Anonymous said...

The coke in the bottle explains a lot... :) LOL
I have no comment re: the cat.

Anonymous said...

Hmmm...quirky might be a good word for you. ;) Did your mom know about the cat in the closet?

brittany said...

This is my formal request for 7 more quirky things. too funny!!!

Hubs said...

I will be astonished if you get a response from the Platters - everyone knows they have no quirks ;)

Anonymous said...

How did I not know the face touching thing? All of those times that I drug you around the room by your chin, and you never stopped me? Another quirk... you once sat around for about 3 hours on a couch eating around 50 FlavorIce pops in one sitting!

PEEPER said...

Are you referring to the times when I would attempt to practice my self-defense on you and it would always backfire? Ah, the good ol days.
And, yes, that pop-ice experiment was a good time. I still have type II diabetes from it.

Anonymous said...

I forgot about self-defense! I know that it only backfired because you were afraid to hurt a friend. Plus, Mr. Miyagi told you that you should learn HOW to fight, so that you don't HAVE to fight!

Anonymous said...

OK, I think the whole cat thing goes beyond "quirky" - that's just plain weird!! I feel like I know you in a whole different way now. =)