Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Family Tradition



This dress will probably be even cuter to you when you learn that it is the first dress that Addy sewed together herself!! It was quite simple...just one seam up the back! I added some straps, which were a little bit difficult for her to manage on her own. She was most excited about making a pattern with the pins "blue, green, red, white, silver, blue, green, red, white, silver". Hopefully this will spark her interest and in just a measly 5 years, she'll be entering her sewing projects in the 4-h fair just like her cousins, mom, grandma, great-aunt, great-grandma, etc., did!!

Until next blog,
Jen

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

How did she make the bunchy, ruffly top part? (Sorry, I don't know the correct seamstress wording for that.)

Congrats Addy on your first sewing project! Well done! :)

Anonymous said...

Nice smile!!!! The dress fits you nicely and is a good length. Work on keeping those shoulders back and next time add some shoes!!!!!! Keep up the good work!!!

Anonymous said...

Will she make her own Junior Miss dress?

Anonymous said...

Will she continue the long "I Dare You" award tradition too?

PEEPER said...

Stephanie,

The bunchy ruffly part (called smocking) was already in there. If you go to Joanns or Walmart (those are the two places I've seen them) they have fabric that is already smocked for the chest area, and then the bottom is finished (the selvage edge) All you have to do is cut enough to go around your body, then sew up the back seam and, if you want, add straps. Very simple. They have them for adults too!

Anonymous said...

Wow, so if I wanted to wear all smocked tops or dresses I could totally sew them myself! :)

Anonymous said...

Great Job, Addy! Pretty soon you'll be sewing your own costumes for School & Halloween! :)