Last night the kids and I went to church for a special night learning about the Stations of the Cross. Brian was with his boss in Louisville so, sadly, he missed it. The different stations played upon many of our senses so that we could try to understand the horrifying experience that Jesus had the day that he was crucified. The crudeness and gore of it, as was also represented in Mel Gibson's "The Passion", is often passed over so that we don't truly understand how much Jesus went through for US. The best way to summarize my thoughts on what I learned last night was using a line from a song..."Amazing Love! How could it be that you, my God, would die for me?"
While I was doing the "adult" stations of the cross, the kids were going through their own kid-friendly version. They received a little tote bag to bring home different things that represented the stations. Afterward, at home, I went through these things with the kids. There was a pipe cleaner crown of thorns, a nail, a cross with red marker on it to represent the blood of Jesus, etc. The last thing I pulled out were two small candy eggs with a cross on it. I asked "and what do these represent?" to which Addy replied "CHOCOLATE!!!".
Finally, for your viewing pleasure, here is a very cool video that they showed in church last Sunday. I urge you to take some time today to reflect on the sacrifice that Jesus made for all of us.
Until next blog,
Jen
1 comment:
Pretty powerful video. Praise God Sunday came and we get to celebrate Resurrection Day!
Post a Comment