Keith gets a sour face...
So, Christmas is just around the corner...I would love to read your favorite Christmas story if you've got one! Here's mine:
Every year for Christmas, we would get up early and open presents from Santa, then hurry and get dressed and head south to Loogootee, IN to spend a night or two with my Grandma and Grandpa. My aunt, uncle and cousins would be there too, and it was custom for my cousins and us to bring our new favorite toys to play with together while we were there. Does anyone remember the "madballs" that were popular in the 80s? They were a baseball-sized ball with a face and a name to go with them. Well, one year my brother got a madball called "Victor vomit", and not only did he look like a vomit ball, but he also had a corresponding smell to him (there were others in this line, I think they were the "gross" madballs). Anyway, my brother decided that this was one of the toys he wanted to bring with us to Loogootee. We all packed in the Oldsmobile station wagon, me with my new Cabbage Patch Koosas and My Little ponies, my brother with his victor vomit in hand. By the time we reached Mooresville, we were all gagging so much from the smell of victor vomit, so my mom put him in a bag to try and decrease the smell. By Bloomington it was still stinky, so we put it in a box in the way-back. By the time we got to Loogootee we nearly had a real victor vomit occur in our car, the smell was so bad! Needless to say, that madball did NOT make the trip back home!!!!
Until next blog,
Jen
4 comments:
Poor Keith! LOL
I have lots of great Christmas memories, but since you shared one from when you were a kid so will I. One year (I have no idea how old I was but sometime during elementary school), I received a school type table that had a chalkboard side and a magnet side. I thought it was so cool. My parents put it behind the tree to get it out of the way when family came over. Of course, my older cousin convinced me I should play in it for awhile so I crawled under the tree to get to it and when I sat up in the chair I knocked over the whole tree. Whoops!
What are Christmas presents? Who is this Santa Claus you refer to?
I don't remember madballs! hmm...how could i miss that? I remember one Christmas - I think i was around 6 and my sister was around 8 or 9, we got "Merlins" - do you remember those? They were electronic and kind of like a prehistoric type video game (Brittany and Kira would have no idea what I'm talking about). :)
Anyway, my sister and I ended up with the flu on CHRISTMAS. SO, we laid in her bed all day (she had a full size bed) and played with our new merlins....
My favorite memory was when I was in 3rd or 4th grade, so what's that, like 9 or 10? I woke up my brother in the middle of the night (it was probably only about 11 or so, but it felt SOOOO late to us!) and we went out to the living room to see what Santa had brought us. I was ecstatic to see a new bike! It was all I wanted that year and I couldn't believe Santa came through. I wonder if Mom and Dad heard us up snooping that night...I'll need to ask them!
Kim
Post a Comment