BAD HAIRDO: The first weekend of October, our friends Ray and Janet and their kids Zachary and Lucy came over to visit. We had a fun time getting ripped-off at Beasley's harvest festival, and then enjoyed a tasty meal and good conversation while we watched the Cubs lose. While we were watching the Cubs game, Zachary and Lucy got a little bored and decided to play hairdresser with Addy's box of hair accessories. I think Janet decided to do her hair like this for school that next Monday. Sorry Janet, I just couldn't pass up this opportunity to embarrass you.
SADDLE SORES: Last Saturday afternoon my brother took Audra, Brooke, myself and Addy horseback riding. (You have to be 3 to go, so poor Keith had to stay home and take a nap). This was a first time experience for all the youngins'. It was a gorgeous day and while we were in the woods we saw a family of deer, including a little baby. So cute! I realized I wasn't quite as limber as when I owned my own horse some 15 years ago, and was walking a bit stiff the next day. But we all had fun and are ready to get our own horses!! Of course, I forgot my camera, but did have the camera on my phone, so here are some very crummy pictures from that experience. Sadly, the picture of my brother on his horse didn't get saved for some reason.
Addy and Brooke at the stables

Audra reluctantly gets on her horse

Brooke on her horse "Andy"

Addy and Jen riding "Sara" (taken by Brooke while she was on her horse!)

51 STOPLIGHTS: Our friends Stephanie and Mark came over for "game night" and counted that many stoplights between their house and ours!!! Now, thats what I call devotion to game night!!! I'm not sure why we call it "game" night, it should be changed to "Puerto Rico" night, because that is always our game of choice!! We all laugh because Brian always has so many questions and seems to not know what he's doing, but in the end he always does really well. This was his second win in a row, so he continues to hold the Puerto Rico Championship belt, and this time he set an all-time high score. I, of course, came in last AGAIN.
Mark and Stephanie...getting ready to face the stoplights on the road back to their house
Senor Brian, Puerto Rican champion
The loser (self-photos are NEVER flattering!)
Mark's take-home scrap bag for composting...as he picked it up to take home he exclaimed "LOOK! I can see it composting already!!". (both of our families are beginning our journey to a compost utopia!)
Just FYI, this post took me nearly 1 hour because the blog photo upload was painfully slow today. UGHHHH!!!
Until next blog,
Jen
5 comments:
That is INSANE that there are 51 stoplights b/t danville and broad ripple. I wonder how many there were when you were growing up around here. I bet there werent' ANY b/t the Rockville Rd. exit and Danville....that's nuts.
e
If it makes Danvillians feel better, there are only 18 between 465 and your house (on Rockville Rd). The rest were between 465 and Broad Ripple (38th St and beyond).
Mark and I discussed Brian's Puerto Rico strategy the whole way home and we think one of us will be able to take him down next time. ;)
I think our compost pile is already at work. I hope to find earth worms in there soon. LOL
I feel cheated. First of all, what is Puerto Rico, and why wasn't I asked to play it on my visit? Secondly, while I was offered the chance to add to the compost heap, I was not given my own take home bag. Call me jealous!
Dear Ray,
Don't feel cheated. Puerto Rico is Mark and Stephanies game, so we didn't have it in the house during your visit. However, now that you've spoken up, you'll be required to attend the next game night and play with us. Perhaps you can help bring down the reigning champion. Or perhaps I can finally have one person score lower than me!!
About the compost bag...well, isn't a lifetime of friendship with me the best compost bag of all???? (I'm not sure what this means, its just the best thing I could come up with)
If I had to bet, I think there's fewer stop lights between your house and Denver, CO than to our house in Broad Ripple. And the drive would probably take just as long...
Our compost pile ate up the asparagus and apple with no problem. Now we just need to import some fruit flies from Mexico.. or perhaps they have fruit flies in Pueto Rico...
Our strategy next time is to mislead Brian when he asks all his questions next time...
Post a Comment