Monday, September 17, 2007

Watch out Thomas, Percy might be taking over!

Our kids LOVE their Thomas the train wooden railway. I really can't complain...they will spend hours moving those locomotives all over our front room, and they never tire of it. If I want to get something done, all I have to do is set up the train tracks and VOILA!! they're happy. In fact, while I post this blog, they are playing with their trains. The thing about the Thomas the train sets is, whenever you purchase a big set, you get a free train, only its NEVER Thomas...its always Percy (for you Thomas-illiterate, thats the green train with the number 6). Brian and I were just laughing about this the other day because we currently have FIVE Percys and haven't purchased a single one!



Some of you may be aware that, recently, some Thomas trains were painted with the lead-based paint. So, we went through our set and pulled out the few that were affected. The deal was, you send back the defective trains and then RC2 (the makers of Thomas Trains) send you back the new, lead-free trains, plus a check to re-imburse you for your shipping and handling costs. When we recently sent our trains in, Brian and I joked about how it would be funny if, when they sent us our new trains, they sent us a free Percy for our troubles. Well, our replacement trains came today, and guess what came with them???? Thats right!! Here's Addy with our SIXTH Percy!! We had a good laugh from that!!



A few months ago we added to our family of cats. My cousin-in-law, Stephanie, sent me an email of a cat that was going to the slaughterhouse, I mean humane society, if their current owner couldn't find a new home. How could I, in good conscience, ignore this plea??? Her name WAS Raven, but Addy insisted that we call her Raisin, instead. Well, when Raisin first got here, she was VERY shy and skittish, even jumping when I would just sneeze! As you can see from this picture, she has started to relax a little bit around us. I think she may even be in close competition with Bergie for Addy's favorite cat!



And, finally, to continue the Monarch saga, the kids recently got to observe a Monarch coming out of its chrysalis. Here they are holding it before it got up enough strength to fly away.




Until next blog,
Jen

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, two entries only days apart?!?! Had you not explained Percy, I would have been imagining my red headed grandma-like babysitter from my childhood. She was great...she took me to get my ears pierced for my 3rd birthday and my mom couldn't get mad because Percy was her elder. :)

Anonymous said...

What a dream come true to have 6 Percys! ha ha At least you have an even number now, so Addy can have 3 and Keith can have 3!
Love the pics of the kids w/the monarch butterflies - super cute!

erin

Hubs said...

I still love the whole Monarch (not to be confused with menarch) thing. We currently have Monarch looking animals all over our setum, but I know that you said they only like milkweed so I don't know what they are. Do you think Thomas would preoccupy my kids for a while? Should we invest or put them on the Christmas list?

Anonymous said...

By the way, like Raisin, I still jump a little at the sound of your sneezes!