As stated in my previous post, Sunday was my mom's 60th birthday and we took her for a surprise party at a downtown Steakhouse. We were able to not only keep the location a secret, but also snuck in my Aunt Brenda (her sister) and family as a surprise too. It was a fun time. We did miss my cousin Amy who understandably could not attend as it was also her birthday on that very day! The room we had was the "wine cellar room" and was very neat. The room itself was just outside the actual wine cellar, with glass walls so you could see in it as you ate. We were also able to go in to the cellar and walk around; they had an $8,000 bottle of wine there!! Yikes! We also found out that this room was "Peyton Mannings room", since he frequently brought large parties to the restaurant and dined there. So, my brother was quite excited to be eating in the same room that Peyton had!
Here are some pics...
The party! Sorry Uncle Buck, I cut your head off! Buck, Brooksie, Addy, Audra, Keith, Cheryl (my mom), Brian, Uncle Larry, Aunt Brenda, Johnny (my cousin), Stephanie (my cousin-in-law):
Hmmm...what shall I order??
Happy Birthday to you...
Keith really loves the cake!
Addy with Nana's new lipgloss on from Aunt Brenda
(L-R) Audra, Mom, Brooksie, Buck
(L-R) Johnny, Stephanie, Mom, Aunt Brenda, Uncle Larry
(L-R) Addison, Mom, Keith, Jennifer, Brian (picture is blurry)
Uncle Buck sitting in Peytons chair
One last thing...I'm bragging...my Uncle Larry and Aunt Brenda are taking a strong lead in their couples golfing league...for what I believe is two weeks in a row! I don't really understand all the golfing jargon, but its pretty impressive considering my Aunt Brenda has had a strong aversion for playing any games for many years now! Way to go FAB and FUL!!!
Until next blog,
Jen
1 comment:
Looks like an excellent 60th birthday party. I'm sure your mom appreciated all of your planning. Are you getting fancy these days with the white borders around your photos? ;)
Post a Comment